FRIDA VAN DE POEL
Lights, textiles & furniture
Bastiaan Luijk of STUDIO BL, Frida van der Poel and Mariëtte Wolbert Textiles are eager to show their collaborative projects and individual work as makers of lighting, furniture and textiles during DDW22. The work is a mix of craft and innovative techniques. The prototypes are for sale and are made on request in the Netherlands. As designers, each with our own expertise, we have been open to change and collaboration – how can different traditional and contemporary disciplines come together and reinforce each other?
The co-productions are combinations of traditional craftsmanship and mastery of digital design and production techniques:
- NOV† SKOK is a collaboration between Frida van der Poel and Bastiaan Luijk. A side table can also be used as a stool.
- KULISI is a collaboration between Mariëtte Wolbert and Frida van der Poel. This is an independently installable, acoustically working screen for both home and work environments.
- STUDIO BL – Bastiaan Luijk shows lamp concepts created through algorithmic design and digital production techniques.
• Frida van de Poel shows furniture objects from the workshop.
• Mariëtte Wolbert Textiles shows Felt-Collection, an innovative collection in wool felt that has been lasered on both sides.